Sunday, March 11, 2012

March Lucky Clover Playdough Recipe!


Hi Sister!  I'm not sure if making homemade play dough counts as cooking, but I wanted to pass on this easy, fun recipe to you anyway!  I've always wanted to try doing this, but didn't really get around to it until this month.  At the beginning of the school year, I volunteered to make playdough for Megan's classroom, and I'm so glad I chose the month of March - Leprechauns & Shamrocks & Rainbows!!  I have lots of ideas. The kiddos are sure to love it!

First, make this basic Playdough Recipe:

Once you've cooked it all together and kneaded the dough until it's smooth (careful - it is hot!), you can knead in GLITTER and/or FOOD COLORING and/or SPICES like cinnamon or a kool-aid packet!  Targeting all their little senses, except taste of course ;)  This is so fun!! Here are my March themed play dough ideas:

* Pot of Gold Playdough - add yellow food coloring & gold sequins or gold glitter.
* Rainbow Playdough - knead in a packet of kool-aid for a yummy smell then swirl in all the colors you want.  The back of the food coloring box describes how to make lots of colors.
* Lucky Clover Playdough - add green food coloring and green glitter.  That's what we made!  (I used an entire tube of green coloring). 


So, Happy early St Patrick's day next weekend, Sister!  My little St. Paddy's Day secret .... shhhhhh ..... I always put green food coloring in the toilets and leave other green things around pretending the Leprechauns have visited during the night ;) 
Love you!  Have fun!
Me

1 comment:

  1. Sister! I love this idea - can we eat it? What is cream of tartar? I don't have it in my pantry but will look at the grocery store tomorrow. I'm so inspired about this holiday because of what you've shared - will also get the green food coloring for the bathrooms. :) So great, the kids will be delighted. I am not crafty at all - so please keep posting these types of projects so I can learn. XO

    ReplyDelete