Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's indeed a milkshake

Sister!!  I love the recent posts - the caprese salad reminds me of our summer in Italy, and the stroganoff of course reminds me of being home with you in Piedmont.  I will try them both!  The kids have been reluctant to try some of the recipes I've made lately, but I'm continuing to cook and experiment.  I'll post something new soon.

In the meantime, here is the original "smoothie" (milkshake) recipe I made years ago.  I had one last night as I couldn't sleep and this seemed to be the best thing to make.  It was yummy!!  As always!!

In a blender:

Strawberries
Banana
Vanilla Ice Cream
Whipped Cream on top

Optional:

Blueberries
Instant oatmeal (it's too sugary for me now, but it was tasty when I used it)
Milk or orange juice (I'm using soy milk now, and I haven't missed dairy milk at all)

Love from my kitchen to yours!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment