Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's a Milkshake, Not a Smoothie!

Sister, it's gorgeous here in Seattle ~ blue skies, bright sun, blossoming trees ... nice enough for the girls to wear shades :) You just missed the great weather! And we're craving your delicious milkshakes, big time! Can't believe we neglected to make those while you were here.

Now, just for the record : It's a milkshake, Sister, not a smoothie!! Here I am outing you on our blog -- but just because you put fruit in the blender with your ice cream, does not make it a smoothie. Even if the ice cream is the slow-churned, half the fat stuff that we both love so much. Yes, I know you so well! Okay, I will admit that I have ordered a few "smoothies" in my time that have turned out to be milkshakes -- shame on you, Jamba Juice, for tricking me with your healthy looking choices! But that doesn't make me any less right -- ice cream blended in any form is, well, a milkshake. Just a play on words, really.
 
That being said, everyone reading our blog needs to know that my big sister makes a wicked milkshake. Wicked as in de-lish-ous!! So, I'm offering a trade: my basic/boring SMOOTHIE recipe in exchange for your creamy/delicious MILKSHAKE recipe. Whadaya say?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa's Smoothie Recipe

Blend together the following:
5 frozen strawberries (no need for ice then, and feel free to use a different fruit)
1 banana
1 cup of yogurt (whatever you've got in the fridge)
1/2 cup - 1 cup juice (play around with the consistency you like ... less juice = thick drink)
Tip--buy your frozen berries at Costco to save $$ and it lasts a long time!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's it! Easy Peesy! Now I'm waiting for yours so I can pretend this sunny Seattle weather is actually warm, which of course it's not. Hence, why the girls aren't outside with their shades on. Very jealous of your upcoming trip to California for Easter ... remember our Easter Egg hunts when we were little, wearing matching spring dresses and never needing to wear our sweaters?

Missing you in Seattle,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment